Hi, I’m Dr. Gennadiy Grigoryan. Until December 2009 I served as Chief of Gynecology at the now defunct St. Vincent’s Hospital. When the hospital finally closed its doors I opened my practice in the same neighborhood to continue the relationships I’d built with my patients.
My approach is personal, compassionate, and tailored to the individual. I prefer conservative treatment where it’s effective. If surgery should be the only option, I have more than 25 years experience in performing (and teaching) complex gynecologic surgeries, including minimally invasive and robotic techniques.
- 1988 – 1992 Assistant Professor, Chief of Gynecology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Moscow Medical Academy.
- 1991 – Consulted at Tokyo University/Aloka in Ultrasound Clinical Application.
- 1993 – 1995 I served as Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Kremlin Hospital #1 and worked as Obstetrician and Gynecologist at the American Embassy in Moscow, Russia.
- In 1995 I emigrated to the U.S. with my family. Because foreign medical licensing is not recognized in the U.S., I had to take several board exams and complete residency just like U.S. medical students. I completed my residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital.
- 2006 I was appointed Chief of Gynecology at St. Vincent’s Hospital.
In additional to my office, I admit patients and perform surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
- Board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2007
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology since 2000
I live in Williamsburg, NY with my wife, Galina. We have two sons: Arsen and Georgiy.
This is the latest member of our family, Darwin. He was born Feb 2008.